UPDATED 7th November 2018
ALL BRENTWOOD RESIDENTS, ACT NOW, MAKE COMMENTS/OBJECTIONS KNOWN DURING CONSULTATION PERIOD.
State where you wish New Homes built, object to sites considered Outside Brentwood District e.g. Dunton Hills Garden Village.
BEWARE COUNCIL CURRENTLY BEING OBSTRUCTIVE IF YOU ASK QUESTIONS.
May not reply or supply accurate information!
Means one has to ask are Council Officials and Certain Councillors, ‘Fit for Office held’.
What is surprising is that Cllr Andrew Baggott, Conservative, Leader of Basildon Council complains what Chelmford Council built/building on top of Wickford, as use Basildon’s infrastructure costing money/services.
Yet only currently OBJECTING and requesting information on DHGV as has his own agenda and notes Brentwood wanting to build 3,500 new Homes (with more to follow) at Dunton to create a Large Town, the current way forward is limited:
- To Challenge Brentwood’s Local Plan appears far too expensive for residents, besides current rules.
- Governments restrictictions for a boundary change protect councils like Brentwood but Basildon Council propose No Action
BRENTWOOD RESIDENTS wanting New Homes in: Pilgrims Hatch, North Brentwood, Greenfield sites North of A12 and elsewhere, MUST ACT NOW.
Join Facebook page and make your comments known where you want development, maybe some by Council Officers/Councillors!
- Advised provided you LODGE OBJECTIONS to LOCAL PLAN DURING CONSULTATION process you will be allowed to speak when put forward to the PLANNING INSPECTORATE stage.
- Make it known where you wish development, then family members/friends be able to live in local area of their choice!
- Check/read Council facts/reports and you will probably find errors, as has been proven by checking details and asking questions.
- Consultations held not always based on real actual facts!
Some probably have been a waste of time as Brentwood Council keep changing the goalposts and facts.
BRENTWOOD COUNCIL OVER THE LAST 4 YEARS HAVE STATED REPORTS WILL BE ISSUED but Never Have.
DUNTON HILLS GARDEN VILLAGE (New Town)
- Brentwood Reports refer to area as FENLAND stating, ‘Soil & Water pollution likely’ besides ‘Flooding & Surface Water’ but will provide water features and Planning advising not Councils problems
e.g. Water Authorities, Builders etc. Same with major Gas Pipeline.
Regarding infrastructure Brentwood Planning advised, relying on Basildon’s Infrastructure as unlikely any schools until after 2030 or later, Health Services up to NHS in future, Bus Services up to Bus Companies, Roads e.g.A127 Essex Couny Councils Problem etc. and nothing concrete/in pipeline just ideas!
BRENTWOOD COUNCIL (Complaints)
- If you make a formal complaint they deliberately delay replying and might miss out part of the information, so takes about 2 months and then may delay longer, as only concerned about getting past PLANNING INSPECTORATE.
- To ensure you do not go to stage 3 of complaints procedure they are likely to state, ‘Unable to answer questions while complaint process in action’.
- ASK QUESTIONS AND PRESS THEM FOR ANSWERS, email both Chief executive and leader of the council and ask them to acknowledge receipt but likely do everything to delay replying.
ONLY WAY FORWARD APPEARS AS FOLLOWS: Refer to Point B below
Basildon Residents do not want DUNTON HILLS GARDEN VILLAGE to proceed either.
- CURRENTLY REFUSED BY Cllr Andrew Baggott, Conservative, Leader of Basildon Council, as appears backs DHGV.
- To hold a FULL COUNCIL MEETING (WEBCAST) at Basildon Sporting Village (starting at 7pm) just on Dunton & Dunton Hills Garden Village, so you can state your case.
Presently setting a date in Late October which of course depends on the FULL FACTS to be supplied by Basildon Council and Brentwood Council.
- Council states it case for Dunton and cooperation regarding Dunton & Dunton Hills Garden Village, including infrastructure.
- Dragged and Raid representatives allowed to make statements of facts. Question Councillors etc.
- Members of Public allowed to question/make points.
- Council to arrange having a REFERENDUM for ALL BASILDON RESIDENTS 7 days later to vote on: i) DHGV development and ii) DUNTON
As councillors are elected to act on residents behalf you no doubt wish to proceed on their direction!
- Council action(s) required regarding Government unfair/unjust policies etc.
As currently Brentwood have a far larger area (39%) and far smaller population (140%) than Basildon, therefore, currently appears government want to leave Brentwood District in a pristine condition and concrete over Basildon’s.
- Currently Leaving only following course of ACTION open to RESIDENTS when Planning Inspectorate hold Brentwoods Local Plan to account to then ask questions/object to DUNTON HILLS GARDEN VILLAGE.
DO NOT FORGET TO –
LODGE OBJECTIONS to BRENTWOODS LOCAL PLAN DURING CONSULTATION process as advised you will then be allowed to speak when put forward to the PLANNING INSPECTORATE stage.
- In meantime ask Brentwood Planning questions the more the merrier and if not acknowledged within 2 weeks, complain to their Chief executive. Also if do not receive a full reply within one month of your email again complain to their Chief executive.
Appears the Government through their departments appear to be backing the scheme, even though Fenland, Unsuitable area, lack of viable evidence and will adversely affect many Councils Residents especially Basildon’s , either the government have not looked at the facts or appear do not care!
Therefore, Basildon, Other Councils & Residents MUST Lead a campaign (which all MPs of all parties should support) to: Challenge Brentwood’s Local Plan regarding DHGV and consider making application to the BOUNDARY COMMISION for ENGLAND for a Boundary Change so ALL of DUNTON comes under Basildon Control, as Brentwood Borough Council do not consider Dunton part of Brentwood District which they describe as Fenland (as it is on maps).
Challenge Brentwood’s Local Plan
1) Brentwood’s Local Development Plan (LDP) is open to challenge, as advised, ‘Local Plan challenges must be based on making a case about an incorrect application of legislation, national policy, a lack of evidence or the alleged misinterpretation of evidence to arrive at a particular policy decision’ which applies to their LDP.
Basildon Council & Others MUST therefore, Challenge Brentwood Councils LDP (e.g. DHGV).
Also Brentwood Residents can challenge their councils LDP, especially as not ALL areas considered.
Plus read under other headings e.g. REPORTS – Flawed & Rigged.
Make application to the BOUNDARY COMMISION for ENGLAND for a Boundary Change
2) BASILDON COUNCIL (maybe supported by other councils) MUST consider asking for a PRINCIPAL AREA BOUNDARY REVIEW (PABR)
to have DUNTON area under the control of Brentwood Council transferred to Basildon Council: –
Basildon Council advised the 2 points which have to be looked at for a PRINCIPAL AREA BOUNDARY REVIEW (PABR) are:
– The need to secure effective convenient and effective local government;
– The need to reflect the identities and interests of local communities.
The first part is obvious to ALL, ‘The need to secure effective convenient and effective local government’ and what are more LOCAL Basildon Council and its residents’.
The second part is again obvious to ALL, ‘The need to reflect the identities and interests of local communities’ as the local communities are in Basildon District.
One TRUSTS that unless Brentwood Council can fully justify their proposed development named Dunton Hills Garden Village (which is really a New Town) that Basildon Council Challenge their LDP but also consider going for a PABR, proving they are prepared to act on Basildon Residents behalf by whom they are elected, knowing it will adversely affect ALL residents financially and the infrastructure on which everyone relies.